- This event has passed.
Starting a Business in New Jersey
Presented in partnership with Gloucester County Library System
Have a great idea? Ready to start a business? Learn what you need to know before you take the plunge!
The decision to start a business is an exciting time for any entrepreneur. However, there are many steps you’ll need to take to protect yourself from potential liability, legal and tax issues.
This workshop is designed to guide you through the mechanics of starting your business and make sure you get off on the right foot. In this workshop, we’ll cover:
- The pros and cons of different legal business structures
- How to name and register your business
- What taxes apply to your business and how to make sure you are set up to file them
- What’s required of your business if you have employees
- The insurance you’re required to have to operate in New Jersey
Give your business the best chance to succeed by getting started the right way.
Alejandro Cruz is a training and mentoring officer at UCEDC, a statewide nonprofit economic development corporation that provides loans to startup and growing businesses, government contracting assistance, and training workshops to entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Prior to joining UCEDC, Alejandro held Project Manager positions at Wicresoft and Solar Renewable firms in New Jersey creating financial forecasts for business startups. He also served as lead consultant for three years for an economic development center in South Jersey.