- This event has passed.
QuickBooks 201: Beyond the Basics
Presented in partnership with the
Somerset County Library System of New Jersey
QuickBooks is a popular way for small and midsized businesses to keep track of their accounting, but many users aren’t aware of the software’s powerful advanced features beyond the basics. In this workshop, we’ll cover:
- Getting the most out of this feature-packed program
- How to multiple company files and how to export and import list data from one file to the next
- Entering price levels and tracking discounts and credits.
- Creating customer statements and assessing finance charges on overdue balances
- Writing off past-due balances when it appears that the customer is not going to pay.
Training and Technical Assistance Officer
Beth brings a rich background of education, entrepreneurship, and outreach to her role on UCEDC’s training and technical assistance team. A small business owner herself, she was most recently the co-founder and director of an award-winning yoga studio in Collingswood (and UCEDC microloan client!). Prior to that, she spent five years as a high school English teacher and 10 years as a community educator at Philadephia-based nonprofit organizations. And don’t forget her stint as a member of The Trolleyvox, an indie pop group that recorded five albums (find them on iTunes!)
Beth’s eclectic experience serves her clients well – she understands the challenges of running a small business having done it herself. She brings a creative approach to problem-solving and opportunity-finding thanks to her artistic talents. And as a long-time educator, Beth excels at delivering engaging and practical business content for start-up and experienced owners alike.