- This event has passed.
Introduction to Franchising WEBINAR (Postponed. New Date TBD)
Presented in partnership with the
New Small Business Development Center at The College of New Jersey
Take Control of Your Life and Your Career!
Are you considering entrepreneurship as a career option, but want a proven business model to get your goals more quickly and safer?
If you have answered ‘Yes’ to either of these questions, then the franchise webinar is for you! This session will include:
- Common myths and truths about franchising – it’s not just food and retail
- Remarkable ownership options like professional advisory services, facilitation, light manufacturing, social entrepreneurship, education, home services, passive owner models and regional master license options for the true builder
- Government regulations for franchises
- The importance of knowing your personal goals and objectives before taking the plunge
- How to finance your business
- A comprehensive knowledge base of franchising providing career options you may not have considered
- Assessment strategies to determine if franchising will help achieve your personal, professional and financial goals
- Links to resources available before, during and after your selection process
Alejandro Cruz is a training and mentoring officer at UCEDC, a statewide nonprofit economic development corporation that provides loans to startup and growing businesses, government contracting assistance, and training workshops to entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Prior to joining UCEDC, Alejandro held Project Manager positions at Wicresoft and Solar Renewable firms in New Jersey creating financial forecasts for business startups. He also served as lead consultant for three years for an economic development center in South Jersey.