Entrepreneurship 101 – Millville
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Wednesday, repeating until June 19, 2019
Presented in partnership with the Holly City Development Corporation
|Special Offer Cumberland County Residents Only!
You are eligible for a $125.00 Scholarship When You Complete
At one time or another, almost everyone has had the idea of starting their own business. What separates the successful businesses from the ones that crash and burn is the work done to realistically determine if the business will succeed. The excitement that comes with entrepreneurship needs to be tempered by due diligence before you move forward in your venture.
This six-week course will help guide you through the early stages of the entrepreneurial process and give you the best chance to turn your business idea into a success. (Watch our video to hear what some recent grads had to say about their experiences)
- Learn whether you have the traits to be a business owner and make your idea work
- Assess the feasibility of your particular business idea and ensure that it will provide the benefits you want from business ownership
- Master the steps to opening a business in New Jersey
- Determine the correct structure for your business
- Work closely with instructors during class and in off hours to draft your business plan
- Present your idea to a panel of independent experts for feedback and advice
- Receive one-on-one mentoring for 12 months on successful completion of the class
What you will cover
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses and how they fit with business ownership
- Determine if your idea is feasible for the market you’re after
- Determine if your idea provides you with the benefits you want from business ownership
- Understand your credit and ability to access capital
Starting your business
- Learn the guidelines to start your business
- Discuss the pros and cons of different legal structures for your business
- Learn the process of developing a business plan
- Learn how to do effective business research
- Develop cost, revenue and cash flow projections
Who should attend
Individuals contemplating starting a business, those looking for more information on assessing their ideas, early stage business owners looking to add more structure and understanding
Wednesdays, May 15 – June 19, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The registration fee of $225 entitles you to 18 hours of workshop instruction, additional instructor contact between classes, all class materials, light refreshments at all classes, introductions to business experts and lenders, and a full year of individualized mentoring.
For Cumberland County residents only, the Holly City Development Corporation is offering a post-completion scholarship in the amount of $125 for successful completion of the course. Successful completion is defined as attendance at all classes. If for some reason you decide this class is not for you or other commitments come up, you have until May 10 to drop the class to receive a full refund. After that date, the payments will not be returned.
Registration and payment are due for all participants (including Cumberland County residents) no later than Tuesday, May 14 – please note that your place in the workshop will not be confirmed until payment is received. Pay via secure PayPal or by check, made payable to UCEDC.
Class size will be limited to ensure that all participants can have enough individual attention. Participation at all classes, as well as weekly follow up with instructors, is mandatory. Participants may be asked by UCEDC to allow their stories and testimonials to be used for promotional purposes. UCEDC will also use our partnerships and relationships to connect graduates to appropriate resources to enhance their businesses.
Training and Technical Assistance Officer
Small businesses seeking sound advice on marketing, promotion, ROI and other business essentials need look no further than UCEDC’s training officer, Joe Lamberti. With over 35 years of experience in some of the best-known direct and online marketing companies in the U.S., along with ownership of his own local marketing operation, Joe is well positioned to provide a seasoned assessment of business operations and strategies.
Joe honed his teaching/coaching talents as an adjunct professor at the business schools of Drexel University, Rowan College and Camden County College. Most recently he served as a marketing consultant for the Small Business Development Center of New Jersey and the Rutgers School of Business/Camden.
With his deep background in the corporate world, academia and entrepreneurship, small businesses can rely on Joe to bring a well-rounded perspective to their business challenges and opportunities.