Entrepreneurship 101 – Hamilton
In partnership with the Mercer County Office of
Economic Development and Sustainability
At one time or another, almost everyone has had the idea of starting their own business. What separates the successful businesses from the ones that crash and burn is the work done to realistically determine if the business will succeed. The excitement that comes with entrepreneurship needs to be tempered by due diligence before you move forward in your venture.
This six-week course will help guide you through the early stages of the entrepreneurial process and will give you the tools to provide you with the best chance to turn your business idea into a success.
- Learn whether you have the traits to be a business owner and make your idea work
- Assess the feasibility of your particular business idea and ensure that it will provide the benefits you want from business ownership
- Master the steps to opening a business in New Jersey
- Determine the correct structure for your business
- Work closely with instructors during class and in off hours to draft your business plan
- Present your idea to a panel of independent experts for feedback and advice
- Receive one-on-one mentoring for 12 months on successful completion of the class
What you will cover
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses and how they fit with business ownership
- Determine if your idea is feasible for the market you’re after
- Determine if your idea provides you with the benefits you want from business ownership
- Understand your credit and ability to access capital
Starting your business
- Learn the guidelines to start your business
- Discuss the pros and cons of different legal structures for your business
- Learn the process of developing a business plan
- Learn how to do effective business research
- Develop cost, revenue and cash flow projections
Who should attend
Individuals contemplating starting a business, those looking for more information on assessing their ideas, early stage business owners looking to add more structure and understanding
Tuesdays evenings, September 29 – November 10, 2015 from 6:00 – 8:30 pm
Thanks to the support of the NJ Economic Development Authority, we’re able to offer this program for a fraction of what it would normally cost. You get 18 hours of workshop instruction, additional instructor contact between classes, all class materials, light dinner at all classes, introductions to business experts and lenders, and a full year of individualized mentoring – all for $225.00!
Registration and payment due no later than Thursday, September 24 – please note that your place in the workshop will not be confirmed until payment is received. Pay via secure PayPal or by check, made payable to UCEDC.
Class size will be limited to ensure that all participants can have enough individual attention. Participation at all classes, as well as weekly follow up with instructors, is mandatory. Participants may be asked by UCEDC to allow their stories and testimonials to be used for promotional purposes. UCEDC will also use our partnerships and relationships to connect graduates to appropriate resources to enhance their businesses.